- Susan B Anthony Dollar Value 1999
- Susan B Anthony Dollar Value 2000 P
- 1979 P Susan B Anthony Dollar Value
- 1979 Silver Dollar Worth Today
This coin featuring Susan B. Anthony was first issued by the United States Mint in 1979 and it replaced the Eisenhower Dollar. This was the first time that a woman appeared on a circulating coin. The coin was minted from 1979-1981 and again in 1999. This coin was legislated on October 10, 1978 under the presidential term of Jimmy Carter.
Susan B Anthony Dollar Value 1999
- Coin Value Price Chart for Susan B Anthony Dollars $1. Lookup Coin values for Good, Very Good, Fine, Very Fine, Brilliant Uncirculated & Proof conditions and MS grade. How much Susan B Anthony Dollars are worth. Coins in coin collections of other members for Susan B Anthony type Dollars items.
- Value of 1979-D Susan B. The 1979-D Susan B. Anthony Dollars are easy to find in even the higher grades. Many collectors will pay top dollar for a nearly perfect coin to build their registry set. Most coins, especially those found in circulation, will trade for face value. The text on the Susan B. Anthony $1 coin reads as follows.
- Find the current Susan B. Anthony Dollar values by year, coin varieties, and specific grade. Anthony Dollar Price Guide. Last Update: 02-06 07:11 AM EST.
Susan B Anthony Dollar Value 2000 P
Sample catalog image for Susan B. Anthony Dollars (1979-1999)GREYSHEET & CPG® PRICE GUIDE
U.S. Coin Values: Dollars
1979 P Susan B Anthony Dollar Value
1979 Silver Dollar Worth Today
About Susan B. Lottery scratch cards online. Anthony Dollars (1979-1999)
In 1979, the United States government undertook what many may call a socio-numismatic experiment. Authorized by a 1978 bill signed by President Jimmy Carter, the United States Mint began production of the nation?s first small-size dollar coin. Making this first even more historic was the fact that the coin would be the first US coin to place the figure of a non-mythical woman on the obverse. That woman, Susan B. Anthony, was a champion for women?s rights in the late 19th and early 20th centuries and seemed a fitting design subject in an era of equal rights.
The first Susan B. Anthony dollars were released in July 1979 with much fanfare, but the coin soon proved a massive flop. Why? The coin, measuring 26.5 millimeters in diameter and silvery in color too closely approximated the appearance of the Washington quarter, and thus many people confused the denominations, often losing 75 cents (or more) in transactions. Making matters harder, too, was the reluctance of Americans to stop using the dollar bill (which was simultaneously in production with the Anthony dollar) in lieu of adopting the smaller dollar coin.
Mintages shrank in 1980 and in 1981, the Susan B. Anthony dollar was struck only for uncirculated sets and proof sets. Production resumed in 1999 to fill a shortage of dollar coins, which by the late 1990s were increasingly used in vending machines and in the mass transit industry.
While the Susan B. Anthony dollar was a very short-lived series, remarkably there were a few scarce issues and varieties. These include the 1979-P Near Date (or ?Wide Rim?) variety, the 1979-S Type II proof, and 1981-S Type II proof.
The prices listed in our database are intended to be used as an indication only. CDN Publishing, LLC does not buy or sell collectible coins or currency and users are strongly encouraged to seek multiple sources of pricing before making a final determination of value. CDN Publishing is not responsible for typographical or database-related errors. Your use of this site indicates full acceptance of these terms.