- THE LAST DAYS OF PAGAN ROME - Authentic Roman Bronze Coin in Mini Album - Genuine Roman Ancient Antique from 240-324 AD - Historical Souvenir with Certificate of Authenticity 4.4 out of 5 stars 39 $14.95 $ 14.
- Inexpensive ancient Roman coins for sale. Constantine II, 337-340 AD. Bronze AE3 coin, Trier mint, struck 323-324 AD.
- Get the best deals on NGC Certified Roman Provincial Coins (100-400 AD) when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items Browse your favorite brands affordable prices.
Due to recent changes in EU legislation, it is nearly impossible to purchase coins ethically now. We don't believe in supplying coins unethically, therefore, we have decided to no longer trade. We would like to thank you for all of your custom. Happy Hunting.
Ancient coins from the Roman Republic from 320 BC to the Roman Imperatorial period, beginning with the First Triumvirate in 59 BC. Listed alphabetically by gens, such as Aquillia, Calpurnia, Cordia, Julia, Pompeia and Valeria.
Largest ethical uncleaned coin supplier on the internet
Clean, attribute and discover potential treasures
Welcome to Crusty Romans
Crusty Romans is an established online supplier of ethically obtained un cleaned coins. We actively promote the hobby of collecting, cleaning, and attributing crusties that are 1000’s of years old. It allows people to hold part of history in their own hands that can often lead to interesting and valuable discoveries. We only purchase stock ethically, and all our orders shipped outside of the UK come with full export approvals unlike most of the other dealers.
We specialise in unclean Roman and Ancient coins known affectionately as “Crusties”. We buy complete Roman, Greek and Islamic Hoards of coins and then sell them by weight in an unclean state. We pride ourselves on good supply sources that mean that we can purchase good Hoards of coins directly from the country of origin.
You can choose the Hoard that you would like to purchase your unclean Roman and Ancient coins from with absolutely nothing taken out. Each Hoard is different so the prices of each Hoard vary based on the quality, size and variety of it when we purchase it.
All cultural goods outside of the EU are supplied with full EU export approval from the English Arts Council.
The benefit of buying from us
Firstly we only purchase quality and complete Hoards in bulk. This means that no one has sorted all the best, thickest, biggest, or premium coins out before selling the remaining Roman and Ancient coins.
Because we leave everything in the Hoards without cherry picking or sorting them in any way, it means that we get a lot of repeat business from our customers. Blackjack for a living. Our reputation is based on being able to buy in sizeable quantity complete unclean Hoards from our suppliers without messing around. Because of the quantity of Hoards we buy as well as our spending power we are the first call for a wide range of suppliers from all over the world.
We are not interested in removing or sorting our Hoards in any way we simply source them then sell them as they come in as found in lots by weight.
Why collect uncleaned coins?
It is a great source of prospecting for ancient history; it is also one of the most accessible ways to potentially find some unseen history or potentially valuable items from the comfort of your own home.
What do people do with them after they are clean?
It really does depend on the person; some people just enjoy looking at them. Some people attribute them and research the history behind them, and others attribute them and sell them on places like Ebay.
Uncleaned Roman Coins For Sale
Why it is better to buy unclean Roman coins by weight?
Roman Coins For Sale Caligula
It is far better to buy your unclean Roman coins by weight for a number of important reasons.
Roman Coins For Sale Tiberius
- If you buy unclean Roman coins in counted lots it means that someone has sorted through them when they have counted them and probably taken all of the best ones out.
- Generally speaking the best coins are larger, thicker and earlier examples. The counted lots that are commonly sold generally comprise of low quality, extremely small common pieces. So if you want more variety truly unsorted lots then buying by weight is the only way!
- Because all of our Hoards are completely untouched it means that you really can find some rare and valuable coins. It also means that you can purchase from a Hoard that offers good variety or quality.
- From each Hoard we take fifty coins at random and clean them to show you the types and quality of coins to be found in that particular Hoard.
- We are based in the UK and all of our stock listed is physical, have a look in the Gallery for proof. We offer great customer service and aim to dispatch all orders within two working days.
- There is NO import duty when you buy from us in Europe unlike buying from USA or non European countries.