PlayNow offers an innovative poker game that users can download and install on their PC. It provides 68 tables for players to choose from and allows users to compete in real time against other players who are also online. In February 2011, PlayNow.com began offering peer-to-peer poker in collaboration with Loto-Quebec. In April 2012, Manitoba Lotteries partnered with BCLC to provide services to conduct and manage an online gambling website for Manitobans through a similar site to PlayNow.com.
|Online Gambling Website|
|Owner||British Columbia Lottery Corporation|
PlayNow.com is an online gambling website that is owned and operated by the British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC).
Rampart bingo jackpots. Net revenues generated by PlayNow.com gambling activities are directed back to the Provincial Governments to go towards essential services, like health care, education and community groups across British Columbia and Manitoba.
PlayNow.com is the only regulated website in both British Columbia and Manitoba for players to legally gamble on.
PlayNow.com is for individual use only; not to be used for group play as per section 3.01 in the PlayNow player agreement.
Launched in 2004, PlayNow.com offers a variety of gambling services, including casino, poker, bingo, lottery and sports betting.
In June 2010, PlayNow.com became the very first provincially operated casino website in North America.
In December 2010, a player from Vancouver Island won the largest-ever online prize in Canada with a $7.6 million winning Lotto 6/49 ticket purchased on PlayNow.com.
In February 2011, PlayNow.com began offering peer-to-peer poker in collaboration with Loto-Quebec.
Playnow Poker Down
In April 2012, Manitoba Lotteries partnered with BCLC to provide services to conduct and manage an online gambling website for Manitobans through a similar site to PlayNow.com.
Play Now Bc
In January 2013 Playnow Manitoba launched based on British Columbia's PlayNow.com business model.
Player safety and security
Gambling education and resources are embedded into PlayNow.com, including:
- Strict age and residency controls with independent identity verification
- Player pre-set deposit limit with 24-hour delay for all increase request.
- Session logs that show time and amount spent.
- Purchase history so players can track play and spending for 52 weeks.
- Responsible play and problem gambling help information on all pages.
- Username and password-protected accounts, secure payment methods and strict privacy controls.
- Players must use a verified credit card to deposit money into their account.
- GameSense information to help players make informed choices and understand games, the odds and the potential risks.
- Low limits and a 1-week waiting period to be able to re-bet the same selection after betting the limit.
PlayNow.com offers a variety of popular online casino games such as slots, Blackjack, Sic Bo, and Roulette.
Additionally several of these games, including Chain Reactors and Super Cubes, have progressive Jackpots. The casino portfolio at PlayNow.com also includes reactor games.
In addition, the website offers a wide selection of poker games, and single and multi-table tournaments including a progressive Bad Beat Jackpot.
Play Now Poker Tournament
- ^'PlayNow.com partners with Roberto Luongo'. CNW Group Ltd. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- ^'Playnow Factsheet'(PDF). Archived from the original(PDF) on June 9, 2012. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- ^'As It Happens with Carol Off and Jeff Douglas'. CBC. July 21, 2010. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- ^'Islander scores Canada's largest ever online lottery win'. Archived from the original on June 9, 2012. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- ^'BCLC Welcomes You to Vancouver'. Canadian Gaming Summit. Archived from the original on 24 June 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- ^http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bclc-partners-with-manitoba-lotteries-for-online-gambling-2012-04-05[permanent dead link]
- ^'About PlayNow.com'. BCLC. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- ^'Online Casino - Slots, Blackjack, Roulette'. BCLC. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- ^'Welcome to PlayNow Poker'.